ATHLETE: Naomi Sacks (soon to be Grimes) joined 717 in 2015 after her and her fiance (Russ) moved to the area. I believe that they came to WOD before they even unpacked… Naomi and Russ will be tying the knot next month!!
1. Where did you grow up?
The wonderful Schnecksville, PA
4. How long have you been at CrossFit 717?
5. What are your favorite exercises/WODs?
6. What exercises/WODs do you dislike?
Any and all things gymnastics
7. What are you goals with regards to CrossFit and what accomplishments/PRs are you most proud of?
Just want to lift heavy shit and get a muscle up.
8. In your perfect world, what would you be doing in 10 years?
Not sitting behind a desk for 9 hours a day.
10. What is your current occupation?
11. If you could eat dinner with 3 people past or present, who would you choose and why? Furthermore, what would you order for dinner?
Thomas Jefferson because America.
Mindy Kalig, she’d really lighten the mood at the table.
Alex Trebek so I could ask him questions he doesn’t know and correct him with a snobby tone.
Whatever came wrapped in bacon.
12. Who is your celebrity crush?
13. What is your favorite movie and why?
American Psycho, because it is hip to be square.
14. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit 717?
The people, everyone is so supportive of everyone else. When we first joined within a week I was the last person finishing a hero WOD and the whole class surrounded me cheering me on, half of which had no clue who I was.
15. If you could have any car, what would you choose?
Mercedes S Class
16. Tell us something interesting about yourself that we would be surprised to know.
I’ve taken 4 levels of calculus yet still use a calculator to do single digit addition.
17. What kind of shampoo do you use and why?
Dove because you never need conditioner.
18. Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where and what was your favorite place?
19. What were your best and worst subjects in school?
Best: Water Resources
Worst: Probability and Statistics
20. What would you say is your worst personality trait and why?
I’ve been told I can be pretty stubborn, apparently it makes me difficult.
21. If you won $100 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money? What is the first frivolous thing you would buy?
A golf course.
22. You are banished to a deserted island for a month and can only bring one person (fictional or real) and one album with you. Who do you bring and what album do you choose (keep in mind I said album, not song)?
Dagny Taggart and Billy Joel Greatest Hits Vol. II.
23. Who do you consider your role model or inspiration and why?
My parents because they each overcame so much and gave my sister and me amazing lives.
24. What do you feel is the most important invention in the past 100 years and why?
You mean other than Crossfit….then definitely the microwave, just imagine having to eat a cold lunch at work or use a stove top to heat up leftovers.
25. What are your favorite sports teams (you can list all teams for all sports you are a fan of)?
New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys