ATHLETE: Corey Losch is a staple in the lunchtime class, he travels with his mom, Pam, about an hour each way to be a 717 member! Corey is a hard working and competitive athlete who participated in the Battle Royale this summer and earned the True Grit Award for his sportsmanship and commitment to helping the event run smoothly. Corey is a class act and we are so proud to have him at 717!
2. What is your athletic background?
I played soccer for as long as I could remember and tried out at the college level. I also played basketball up until 8th grade and competed as a jumper on the track team
3. How did you get started with CrossFit?
I joined CrossFit 717 with my mom and dad when I was a junior in high school, however could not keep with it once school started.
Then after I came to college I started attending the local box as a way to stay in shape and avoid the notorious freshman 15.
4. How long have you been at CrossFit 717?
I was a member right before my junior year of high school started for about 2 months. I signed up when I got home from college and have been attending for 5 months. In total, I have been a CrossFit 717 member for 7 months.
5. What is your favorite type of CrossFit workout (ex: AMRAP, EMOM, Chipper, etc.)?
My favorite type of workout would probably be AMRAP
6. What exercises/WODs do you dislike?
Anything with wallballs, rowing, or thrusters
7. What is your proudest CrossFit moment?
My proudest CrossFit moment would either be getting my first muscle up or getting my clean and jerk above 200 pounds.
8. What is your biggest goal in life?
My biggest goal in life is to graduate college and work for one of the Big 4 accounting firms.
9. Where did you go to high school/college?
I attended high school at Greenwood which is located in Millerstown. I am currently a sophomore at Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove, PA.
11. Who is your favorite CrossFit Athlete?
My mother. She is able to balance CrossFit, a family life, as well as helping my dad with the business side of his company
12. What is your favorite movie and why?
I don’t really watch tv or movies so I’m not sure I have a favorite. My favorite genre would probably be action though.
13. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit 717?
The environment. Ever since day one I always felt welcome and the members are so friendly.
14. What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is when people try to brag about themselves and show off.
15. What is one thing you have never done that we would be surprised about?
One thing I’ve never done is zip lining, although I hope to change this in the future.
16. Where is your favorite place that you have traveled to?
My favorite place I traveled to is Utah. The landscape was unlike anything I have ever seen before.
17. What would you say is your worst personality trait and why?
My shyness. It keeps me from making new friends.
18. Did you or do you have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
My one soccer coach gave me the nickname money during middle school and it has been my nickname in both soccer and track at the high school level.
19. What is your favorite genre of music to workout to? What are your top 3 workout songs?
My favorite genre of music to workout to would probably be hip hop. My top 3 workout songs are On Top of the World, Heroes, and Hall of Fame.
20. Who has been the biggest influence on your life?
My parents. They have always pushed me and encouraged me to reach my full potential and strive for the best.
21. What do you feel is the most important invention in the past 100 years and why?
I feel that most important invention is the Internet. The Internet allows you to connect with people across the world, receive information faster, and assists in daily activities.