ATHLETE: Ali Noll
Ali is a member of the 5:30am class. She is a newer member of the box but she is already making great gains as a Crossfitter! You will learn more about Ali’s other athletic endeavors if you read below! Ali is a hard worker with a great sense of humor 🙂
1. Where did you grow up?
Middletown, PA. Moved back 3 years ago after being gone for about 20 years.
2. What is your athletic background?
I played sports all my life focusing mainly on field hockey and soccer including two years of Division 1 field hockey at Ohio University. Started doing Triathlons in about 2005 and now focus more on Duathlons as my swim is absurdly slow.
3. How did you get started with CrossFit?
I’ve heard about it for years and knew I would enjoy it. I had exhausted my own weight training program and knew it was time for something new, exciting and challenging. Billy Wilson always had great things to say about 717 so I took the plunge!
4. How long have you been at CrossFit 717?
5. What are your favorite exercises/WODs?
Bar muscle ups, chin-ups, pull-ups, HSPU, Russian kettlebell swings, running… basically anything body weight / gymnastic oriented.
My favorite WOD… MU, HSPU & RKBS
6. What exercises/WODs do you dislike?
7. What are you goals with regards to CrossFit and what accomplishments/PRs are you most proud of?
To increase my overall power especially in my legs. This will then help me kick ass on the bike!
Very pleased with my bar muscle-ups… perhaps more ring muscle-ups will be in the future
8. In your perfect world, what would you be doing in 10 years?
Corporate health and wellness
9. Where did you go to high school/college?
10. What is your current occupation?
Wellness Program Manager, PEBTF
11. If you could eat dinner with 3 people past or present, who would you choose and why? Furthermore, what would you order for dinner?
My grammy – she was awesome and my best friend
Dinner would include draft beer, warm bread, super fresh veggies, sea bass or mahi mahi, sweet potato french fries and 3 desserts; chocolate spliff cake, wild berry crisp with homemade ice cream on the side and warm peanut butter cookie with dark chocolate drizzle
12. Who is your celebrity crush?
Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall
13. What is your favorite movie and why?
Last of the Mohicans…scenery and soundtrack
14. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit 717?
The friendly vibe…and getting my ass kicked!!
15. If you could have any car, what would you choose?
Quad cab pickup truck, slightly jacked up with big tires
16. Tell us something interesting about yourself that we would be surprised to know.
I sleep with a stuffed teddy bear every night. His name is JB and I got him as a present in the 6th grade. Even when I travel…he comes with
17. What kind of shampoo do you use and why?
Whatever kind my mom buys me 🙂
18. Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where and what was your favorite place?
Just to the Dominican Republic, the mojitos
19. What were your best and worst subjects in school?
Best – math
Worst – History
21. If you won $100 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money? What is the first frivolous thing you would buy?
Pay off any debt my family might have, make sure the nieces and nephews have money for college and then TRAVEL and have the adventures of a lifetime
The pickup truck mentioned above
22. You are banished to a deserted island for a month and can only bring one person (fictional or real) and one album with you. Who do you bring and what album do you choose (keep in mind I said album, not song)?
Mark Wilson…I will always be entertained
Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet
23. Who do you consider your role model or inspiration and why?
I will answer this is WHAT is my inspiration. Being in nature…the beauty, strength, balance, power and harmony. There is no judgement…nature will persevere.
25. What are your favorite sports teams (you can list all teams for all sports you are a fan of)?
Yeah… don’t really watch sports on TV but grew up a Notre Dame (football) fan
26. What are your hobbies and interests outside of the box?
Running, hiking, cycling, skiing, horseback riding, playing with Aspen (my parent’s dog), hot yoga, backyard games, reading…anything adrenaline based and just being outside